After many discussions with a variety of our Alumni about how planning will move forward as a collaborative team, please see the below exciting info!…
– A Reunion Planning Committee is being formed as this is being posted! So far, there are over 20 people on the committee. If you’re interested in being on the committee, please message me and I’ll add you to the list. EVERYONE IS WELCOME! NO ONE IS EXCLUDED!
– The purpose in creating a committee is to take votes on decisions as well as not to burden any one person with the majority of tasks. Majority votes will win in decisions that are split… so, if you’re interested in helping shape the reunion activities, jump on the committee train!
– The next Reunion Planning Committee meeting is scheduled for next WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16TH @ 7PM at JERSEYS PIZZA… 2360 LAKEWOOD BLVD. HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL 60192
**COME ONE, COME ALL!**
– A Google doc spreadsheet has been created and will be made available to anyone who would like access. Here, you will see everything from venue options to tasks and activities that are being planned. The idea is to be very open and collaborative with this process. This way, everyone will feel that their ideas are being considered and no one is excluded.
** If you like access, I’ll need your email address for the invite**
– You don’t need to be local to Hoffman to be on the committee. The spreadsheet will track progress from each meeting and things that need votes. This way, you can vote after the meetings (or, during them thru FB). I will dedicate to keep our out-of-town Alumni informed.
– Thanks to JP… the website is functioning again! It will be used to help communicate news about the reunion. When we meet on Wednesday, we’ll be discussing other methods to communicate to those who do not use social media. Website is – HEHS1991.org
We’re hoping that everyone feels like they can join in the planning. Reunions are fun and the planning should be too!!
Let me know if you have any questions. Hope to see you all Wednesday!
— Katie O’Driscoll
(We’ll have lots of updates, but not be our sole source of communication)